Dr Sandor Heng, Clinical Psychologist
Dr Sandor Heng is an experienced dual diagnosis clinician. He has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and has worked in both private and public health sectors in Australia and Singapore.
Although he describes himself as a behaviourist by heart and was schooled in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, he generally adopts an integrative approach in managing mental health conditions and addictions. By focusing on a strengths-based approach, he blends evidence-based practice with practice-based evidence to achieve clinical outcomes. His philosophy of therapy is to be the best version of oneself, which he practices in his own life.
Sandor returned to Singapore in 2013 where he joined Singapore’s tertiary mental health care facility as a clinical psychologist. He has experience in providing both individual and group therapy, and conducting assessments, within the inpatient and outpatient settings. Here, he was managing the therapeutic interventions of diverse presentations such as mood disorders such as Major Depressive Disorders, Anxiety and its related disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and ADHD. He is familiar with working with other medical professionals in ensuring optimal care is provided for clients.
Sandor’s subspecialty is in addictions. He was the lead psychologist in the National Addictions Management Unit. He has a special interest in co-occurring disorders (addictive disorders and mental health disorders such as mood and personality disorders).
Sandor currently sits on the Board of the Singapore Anti-Narcotics Association (SANA) and is the Chair of the Rehab & Reintegration Subcommittee. He is also an Associate Faculty in the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), where he teaches the Addiction Module in the Masters of Counselling Program. He also helps to provide Clinical Supervision for students enrolled in Masters-level programs (in Clinical Psychology, and Counselling) at SUSS, James Cook University (JCU), and Monash University – Kaplan.
Certifications and Accreditations
- Doctor of Psychology (Clinical), Griffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Griffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of Psychological Science, Griffith University, Australia
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA), PSY0001623535
- Psychologist, with Clinical Psychology endorsement
- Board-approved Supervisor, Registrar program principal supervisor (Clinical Psychology)
- Certified Substance Abuse Counsellor, APSAC, IC&RC
- Certified Gambling Addiction Counsellor, APSAC, IC&RC
Group therapy/ social skills training
Neurodevelopmental, educational and psychological evaluation